KEEPING YOU INFORMED — ELECTION 2022
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
Elections for our municipal governments (Township and District) will be held this October. Have you considered running or re-running for office to serve your community?
The Muskoka Ratepayers’ Association is calling on those who have an interest in good local governance to consider running or re-running for office in the upcoming Municipal elections. Municipal government is responsible for providing services such as: Roads, Local Policing, Water and Sewers, emergency Services. Parks, Public Docks, Boat launches, By-law Enforcement, Garbage and Recycling, Recreation, Planning and Building Services.
We also look to our municipal government to provide vision and leadership as we work to create a better community for all residents.
Township of Muskoka Lakes candidates must be:
- a resident of the Township or a non-resident owner or tenant of land in the municipality or the spouse of such non-resident owner or tenant;
- a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years of age
- not legally prohibited from voting; and not disqualified by any legislation from holding municipal office.
To run for election, you must file nomination papers with the Township Clerk. It might be possible to file electronically. In order to run for office, as well as these papers, you must pay a fee of $100 for Township or District councillor and $200 for mayor.
In addition, you must have an Endorsement of Nomination paper with 25 signatures.
Nominations will be accepted by the Clerk from May 2nd to August 19th at 2pm.
Here are the District and Township of Muskoka Lakes offices up for election.
- Mayor, Township of Muskoka Lakes
- District Councillors (1 each from Wards A, B, and C)
- Township Councillors (2 each from Wards A, B, and C)
For more information check out the Ontario Elections website: Ontario Municipal Elections
All Candidates Meeting
Saturday September 24th at 10am
Port Carling Community Centre.