KEEPING YOU INFORMED — ELECTION 2022
AM I ON THE VOTER LIST ???
In a municipal election you can also vote in Muskoka even if it is not your permanent residence.
On Voting Day, a person is qualified to be an Elector if he or she:
- Resides in the local municipality (Muskoka Lakes) or is the owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant,
- Is a Canadian citizen,
- Is at least 18 years old, and
- Is not prohibited from voting because he or she:
- Is serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution.
- Is a corporation.
- Is acting as an executor or trustee or in any other representative capacity.
- Was convicted of a corrupt practice described in Section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act.
To confirm if you are on the voters list with the website owned and operated by MPAC at www.voterlookup.ca. Click “I agree” to be taken to the page where you enter your name etc. Or by calling 866-296-6722.
It is always good to be sure.
All Candidates Meeting
Saturday September 24th at 10am
Port Carling Community Centre.