Hello Everyone: We hope everyone has a safe and healthy summer – but just in case……
With the arrival of summer, we thought it would be timely to let you know about the new Health Hubs that have been set up over the last couple of years. Herein we have reproduced the advertisement that the Health Hubs have run in the local press to help get the word out on what they have to offer. In the ad they describe the types of care patients can find at their locations. It is important to know that these are not walk in clinics. Although they do not say that walk in patients will be turned away, they much prefer it if prospective patients call for an appointment rather than just showing up at their door. Please note that subsequent to the release of their ad, they have announced a correction in the last line. They do not require patients to call their local doctor or NP (nurse practitioner) first.
Here is the information you should know about using the Health Hubs:
ALL Health Hubs are CLOSED on statutory holidays, including JULY 1, 2017.
Dorset Community Health Hub
1096 Main Street, Dorset
- Laurie Highfield, Nurse Practitioner
- Hours: M W & Th 8:30 – 4:30
- T 1:00 – 8:00 F 8:30 – 12:00
Port Carling Community Health Hub
- 3-147 Medora Street, Port Carling, ON P0B 1J0
- Meagin Gilchrist, Nurse Practitioner
- Hours: M T Th F & Sa 8:30 – 4:30
- W 12:00 – 8:00
Wahta Community Health Hub
- 2350 Muskoka Road 38, Wahta First Nation
- Dana Strength, Nurse Practitioner
- Hours: M T & Th 9:00 – 4:00
- W 1:00 – 7:00 F 9:00 – 12:00
Mobile Health Hub
- Severn Bridge, Vankoughnet, Port Sydney
- Jennifer Grando, Nurse Practitioner
- Call to make an appointment.
President, Muskoka Ratepayers’ Association